Sunday, September 20, 2009

Serendipity

I had a serendipitous moment the other day. One of my old colleagues, from the school where I worked in Boulder, recently moved into Southmoor Park in Longmont and happened to get off of the bus at the wrong stop and walked right past the school. When she got home, she Googled the website and "just about fell off her chair." She called me and came out to see the school. I was SO nervous. It is one thing to have licensing people come out, but it is quite another to have someone whose opinion you respect a lot and also happens to be a trained Montessori teacher (and knows exactly how things should look and operate). I was so pleased to hear her say that she liked it and that "it took her breath away." She gave me a lot of useful advice. We were a little like giddy children in a toy store, I'm afraid to admit. I'm lucky to live in such a great neighborhood with so many talented neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment